Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Lumia 920 LCD Vertical Line

So, after about 7 months of owning the Lumia 920 (pre-ordered to get it on launch day), the LCD suddenly developed a vertical cyan line on the left side of the LCD screen while I was browsing the internet. I was actually a bit surprised as I feel that Nokia makes quality products but searching online I've found lots of other users who have a similar problem.

I did tweet about it to @NokiaUS who re-tweeted to @NokiaCareUS but in the end I can't afford the downtime of shipping it out and playing the waiting game. Plus I did do a housing replacement a few months ago so I'm sure warranty is voided. Now, one may feel that replacing the housing caused this problem but it was working perfectly fine after the housing replacement and if it was an error on my part the LCD would've shown the problem immediately. The housing replacement is extremely easy and takes a few minutes with only one cord to disconnect. My technical expertise is above average as I've replaced and fixed several electronic devices such as iPhone 4's and 5's and Playstation 3's. So I do know my way around electronic devices and taking precautions.

In either case, I did order a new cable that connects to the USB charging port/microphone just to see if it would make any difference. I highly doubt this piece has anything to do with the LCD screen but at $10 it's worth a shot. Ultimately I'm a bit disappointed but I'll just have to live with it and think twice about staying with Nokia/WP8.

No comments:

Post a Comment